Noun(1) elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface(2) the perpendicular distance from the base of a geometric figure to the opposite vertex (or side if parallel(3) angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object
(1) He spends long periods of time training at altitude in his home country.(2) Both nations have struggled in recent years while playing at altitude , where the thin air hands an advantage to those acclimatised to the conditions.(3) Spacecraft orbiting Earth can be found in several different types of orbits based on their altitude and orientation.(4) Also, on any given day the Sun circles the sky at the same apparent altitude .(5) This is a good deal like having a theory that tells us that the area of a plane figure is one-half the base times the altitude , without telling us for what figures this holds.(6) If the object is below the horizon then the altitude is negative.(7) the mechanism can freeze at altitude(8) If cabin depressurization occurs at altitude and goes above this value, passengers in shirt sleeves will die shortly.(9) Kelly wants to develop the Astroliner, a winged rocket towed into the air by a 747 jet and released at altitude to soar on a suborbital trajectory under its own power.(10) This century's leap into aviation and space travel has brought with it a much deeper understanding of the human ability to function at altitude .(11) Most people don't sleep well at altitude .(12) A scale along the staff showed the altitude , or angle above the horizon, of the body.(13) The Superfort, its mission apparently completed, descended from altitude and the pilot decided to do a bit of joy riding.(14) flight data including airspeed and altitude(15) The material soaks up water that freezes at altitude and can cause delamination that may not be readily visible.(16) Let y be the altitude of the triangular cross section of the wedge in Figure 6a cut by a plane at distance x from the base.
(1) high altitude :: تيز altitude
(2) altitude sickness :: altitude پلنگن
(3) cruising altitude :: cruising altitude
(4) low altitude :: گهٽ altitude
1. height ::
2. el ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Let out some string, add ALTITUDE,
I'll go under and cut his line.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
What would you say
is the minimum ALTITUDE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
English to Sindhi Dictionary: altitude
Meaning and definitions of altitude, translation in Sindhi language for altitude with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of altitude in Sindhi and in English
Tags for the entry "altitude"
What altitude means in Sindhi, altitude meaning
in Sindhi, altitude definition, examples and pronunciation
of altitude in Sindhi language.