Noun(1) a written document describing the findings of some individual or group(2) the act of informing by verbal report(3) a short account of the news(4) a sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing(5) a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment(6) an essay (especially one written as an assignment(7) the general estimation that the public has for a person
Verb(1) to give an account or representation of in words(2) announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding(3) announce one's presence(4) make known to the authorities(5) be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism(6) complain about; make a charge against
(1) The teacher completes a report and returns it to the student's school counselor at the end of each grading period.(2) Crossbow makes sensors that can report on vibration, tilt, acceleration, temperature, and other factors.(3) In 1559, a Venetian government official transcribed a report by a Persian traveller who observed the popular Chinese pastime of drinking tea.(4) I plan to start a real portfolio similar to that shown above and will hopefully be able to report on the results again at a future date.(5) I noticed in a recent issue of Newsweek Magazine that some editor decided to report on a conference where there was much trepidation about bloggers.(6) Generally, accountants cannot report their clients to taxing authorities due to confidentiality and privacy legal issues.(7) he had to report to the headmaster at 4 pm(8) I got a personal report on what happened(9) I make a note for my official report that the presumption of innocence has yet again been violated.(10) the chairman shall report the bill to the House(11) Students find it much easier to report on a short discussion than to risk being wrong as an individual.(12) the appointee will report to the chairman of the committee(13) Parker will report on what's in the bottle, courageously unconcerned by the reputation on the label or by the affability of the wine-maker.(14) Bogus offshore banking sites can threaten to report you to your tax authority if you question their methods.(15) school report(16) Frankly, the fact that the New York Times made the effort to report on a movie star's religious convictions is a little disturbing.
(1) annual report :: سالياني رپورٽ
(2) report card :: رپورٽ ڪارڊ
(3) weather report :: موسم جي رپورٽ
(4) test report :: ٽيسٽ رپورٽ
(5) progress report :: جاري رپورٽ
(6) news report :: خبر رپورٽ
(7) bug report :: بگ رپورٽ
(8) report to :: رپورٽ ڪرڻ لاء
(9) status report :: ڪيفيت رپورٽ
(10) daily report :: روزانو رپورٽ
1. account ::
2. news ::
3. story ::
4. assessment ::
5. rumor ::
6. bang ::
8. paper ::
9. report card ::
10. reputation ::
11. study ::
12. announce ::
13. cover ::
14. inform on ::
15. present oneself ::
16. describe ::
report, reportage, reported, reporter, reporters, reporting, reports
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Our scouts REPORT
that Stannis Baratheon rides for Winterfell.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Relax, he's just a friend. We're doing
an oral REPORT together. He's really nice.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Yes, I would like to REPORT drug use
in a building that I own.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
Yes. l'm waiting
to hear a progress REPORT
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
I believe what my eyes
and ears REPORT.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to Sindhi Dictionary: report
Meaning and definitions of report, translation in Sindhi language for report with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of report in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "report"
What report means in Sindhi, report meaning in Sindhi, report definition, examples and pronunciation of report in Sindhi language.