Noun(1) an event in which something is displaced without rotation(2) a qualitative change(3) the time period during which you are at work(4) the act of changing one thing or position for another(5) the act of moving from one place to another(6) (geology(7) a crew of workers who work for a specific period of time(8) the key on the typewriter keyboard that shifts from lower-case letters to upper-case letters(9) a woman's sleeveless undergarment(10) a loose-fitting dress hanging straight from the shoulders without a waist
Verb(1) make a shift in or exchange of(2) change place or direction(3) move around(4) move very slightly(5) move from one setting or context to another(6) change in quality(7) move and exchange for another(8) move sideways or in an unsteady way(9) move abruptly(10) use a shift key on a keyboard(11) change phonetically as part of a systematic historical change(12) change gears(13) lay aside, abandon, or leave for another
(1) But this year's job list reveals a slight shift in emphasis.(2) She returned from the party and stripped off her tea gown, she replaced it with a simple shift .(3) She cut him off completely with the slightest shift in her fingers.(4) the afternoon shift was gathering(5) The bike roared to 100 kph before I even had the chance to shift into second gear.(6) I understood and sat up, searching for my shift on the floor.(7) The shift in position of the disaffected crew comes as opinion in the resort town seemed to be swinging behind the former coxswain.(8) a lot of high-priced product you simply don't know how to shift(9) You had to shift up and down for every letter or punctuation, and had to hit the stiff, tubular keys by arching your fingers to hit them straight down, hard.(10) It's very important to finish the design phase before the end of this year (so that we can shift the product to the market at the beginning of next year).(11) the bus was still waiting there when the day shift went home(12) shift of emphasis(13) The gear shift is electronic, and has a plastic lever that moves in order to allow gear change.(14) they're trying to shift the blame to the customer(15) It would also be very straight forward to make a solendoid activate the sequential shift , so that you can have paddle shifting, with the paddles or buttons wherever you want.(16) thorough cleaning is necessary to shift all cooking residues
(1) night shift :: رات جي شفٽ
(2) shift up :: مٿي ڦيرائڻ
(3) gear shift :: ڀٽائي ڦيرائڻ
(4) paradigm shift :: paradigm ڦيرائڻ
(5) a shift :: هڪ ڦيرائڻ
(6) day shift :: ڏينهن ڦيرائڻ
(7) shift down :: نازل ڦيرائڻ
(8) shift key :: ڦيرائڻ اهم
(9) phase shift :: مرحلو ڦيرائڻ
(10) left shift :: ڇڏي ڦيرائڻ
1. movement ::
2. change ::
3. stint ::
5. switch ::
6. chemise ::
7. displacement ::
9. shift key ::
10. fault ::
11. transmutation ::
12. change ::
13. move ::
14. veer ::
15. dislodge ::
16. stir ::
17. transfer ::
18. tilt ::
19. switch ::
20. lurch ::
1. freeze ::
2. still ::
shift, shifted, shiftily, shifting, shiftless, shifts, shifty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So then, during my afternoon SHIFT,
I spilled an entire tray of drinks on myself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
Their observed phase SHIFT in
the diffusing electrons inside the ring...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
Yes, but our society
has undergone a paradigm SHIFT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
Okay, now SHIFT into drive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
Okay. Now, what you wanna do first
is turn on the ignition and SHIFT into drive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
English to Sindhi Dictionary: shift
Meaning and definitions of shift, translation in Sindhi language for shift with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shift in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shift"
What shift means in Sindhi, shift meaning in Sindhi, shift definition, examples and pronunciation of shift in Sindhi language.