Adjective(1) extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis
(1) One line of measuring points in the transverse direction was situated directly under the facial tanner.(2) The depth of the tie beam was minimized to avoid transverse bending from the tower legs.(3) The permanent six-wheel drive has longitudinal and transverse differential locks.(4) The fetus slowly rotates, first into the transverse position and then, finally, the vertex.(5) In these larger forms it is not unusual for one or two transverse ridges to connect across the greatly reduced groove.(6) Pairs of transverse white lines that extend all the way across the nail are called Muehrcke's lines.(7) Micropyles are marked with arrows (longitudinal in longer ovule, transverse in shorter ovule).(8) Also two diagonally-projecting arms at the rear are fixed to a rear transverse rail.(9) So when the midwife tried to break my waters he popped his head out of the engaged position in the pelvis and moved so he was transverse breech.(10) The plane of the injury can be described as dorsal, transverse or volar.(11) The transverse abdominis is made up of muscle fibers that run horizontally around the abdomen.(12) At this point, the transverse chain order also still remains rather high.(13) That is why transverse welds in columns and beams resist buckling best at points of lateral support.(14) They took a side road that transverse a section of near rural country.(15) A crab cavity provides a transverse kick that forces the beam passing through it to travel sideways.(16) Feather muscles are oriented diagonally to the longitudinal and transverse body axes.
(1) transverse colon :: transverse سيمي
(2) transverse wave :: transverse لهر
(3) transverse process :: transverse عمل
(4) transverse plane :: transverse جهاز
(5) transverse section :: transverse سيڪشن
1. crosswise ::
2. crossways ::
3. cross ::
4. horizontal ::
5. diagonal ::
6. oblique ::
transverse, transversely, transverses
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The line of scrimmage
is the imaginary TRANSVERSE line...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
English to Sindhi Dictionary: transverse
Meaning and definitions of transverse, translation in Sindhi language for transverse with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of transverse in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "transverse"
What transverse means in Sindhi, transverse meaning in Sindhi, transverse definition, examples and pronunciation of transverse in Sindhi language.