Noun(1) a politician who is running for public office(2) someone who is considered for something (for an office or prize or honor etc.
(1) I am the only candidate in the recall election who is telling the truth to the working people.(2) In a Canadian university, a male and a female candidate were finalists for a tenurable position in philosophy.(3) The writer is a doctoral candidate in Teacher Development at the University of Toronto.(4) Shaun, son of Geoff, would be a likely candidate for the reconstruction process.(5) This was the time of a certain Ambrosius Aurelianus who is a likely candidate for King Arthur of legend.(6) By the time she hit 18 and a half stone her doctor thought she was a likely candidate for the medication.(7) Woods Snr, it has to be said, has never been a likely candidate for the diplomatic service.(8) If you are a good candidate for the treatment you will be given the necessary pills.(9) At the last election the Labour candidate took over 60 percent of the vote.(10) He is a candidate for a top ten overall position because of the newly added time trial.(11) You don't strike me as a good candidate for this type of arrangement, not at the moment anyway.(12) By virtue of his profession, he might be a likely candidate for the painting's patron.(13) the Green Party candidate(14) He would scribble in the margins of the examination papers to tell the candidate what he had done and why.(15) Daly, with his interest in the regeneration of old buildings, was an obvious candidate for designer.(16) she was the perfect candidate for a biography
(1) release candidate :: ورائي اميدوار
(2) presidential candidate :: صدارتي اميدوار
(3) successful candidate :: ڪامياب اميدوار
(4) doctoral candidate :: بعد اميدوار
1. applicant ::
2. prospect ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and, suddenly, even Leonard
seems like a viable sexual CANDIDATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
...I can only raise your stock
as a CANDIDATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
Dennis is a highly sought-after
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Sindhi Dictionary: candidate
Meaning and definitions of candidate, translation in Sindhi
language for candidate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of candidate in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'candidate'
What candidate means in Sindhi, candidate meaning
in Sindhi, candidate
definition, examples and pronunciation
of candidate in Sindhi language.