Noun(1) a request (spoken or written(2) a tempting allurement
(1) I was there on your invitation(2) He went on to say that another invitation for a meeting was made in February, which again fell on deaf ears.(3) With neither fame nor letters of invitation , they had to ask friends for help.(4) The car kept interpreting the lightest brush of foot against pedal as an invitation to perform an emergency stop.(5) The impasse is an invitation to Ferdinand's suitors to make a bid.(6) Teen drivers need to understand that irresponsible driving on the street is simply an invitation to disaster.(7) In effect, this was an invitation to use the expert testimony well beyond general context and background.(8) The service which began at 1pm was made invitation only because of the huge numbers of people who wanted to pay their respects.(9) The Prime Minister's office said no invitation was received, something James said is not true.(10) Breakfast is at the invitation of our attendants - pita bread, olives, hummus, hot tea.(11) To be fair, this exhortation is not simply an invitation to be greedy.(12) The application for no case was effectively an invitation to determine the case finally.(13) a herb garden where guests can only go at the invitation of the chef(14) Sometimes it is by invitation and sometimes by people coming forward.(15) tactics like those of the colonel would have been an invitation to disaster(16) a club with membership by invitation only
(1) invitation card :: دعوت ڪارڊ
(2) accept an invitation :: هڪ دعوت قبول
(3) letter of invitation :: دعوت جو خط
(4) decline an invitation :: هڪ دعوت کي رد
(5) invitation to tender :: احسان ڪرڻ جي دعوت
(6) invitation of tenders :: tenders جي دعوت
(7) issue an invitation :: هڪ دعوت بنائي
(8) extend an invitation :: هڪ دعوت وڌائڻ
1. request to attend ::
۾ شرڪت ڪرڻ جي درخواست
2. call ::
3. summons ::
4. offer ::
5. card ::
6. note ::
7. invite ::
invitation, invitational, invitationals, invitations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Do you accept
the King's INVITATION?
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
to extend to you
an INVITATION to--
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
By accepting the INVITATION...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
but an INVITATION would've been nice.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
...can be a precursor to an impromptu
INVITATION to come in and chat.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Sindhi Dictionary: invitation
Meaning and definitions of invitation, translation in Sindhi
language for invitation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of invitation in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'invitation'
What invitation means in Sindhi, invitation meaning
in Sindhi, invitation
definition, examples and pronunciation
of invitation in Sindhi language.