Adjective(1) marked by absence of sound(2) failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to(3) implied by or inferred from actions or statements(4) not made to sound(5) having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility(6) unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
(1) Keirah was silent , confusion written all over her pretty face.(2) Fann's 5th-grade child has often written down Chou's name in silent reminiscence.(3) Charles was silent for a moment as if lost in thought.(4) The initial letter in Bart Goor's surname is silent .(5) The house was dead silent , the only sound Piper's feet on the stairs.(6) Writing in the New York Times, Marin speaks out for the silent minority of men who wait in hope for the patter of tiny feet.(7) The courtyard was silent except for the sound of falling water, the fountain and the rain.(8) First, the Justices said that the statute is not truly silent with respect to mental state.(9) Mikah, dragged out of the room and into the hallway before he had time to protest, kept his doubts silent .(10) This long-time silent passenger was now speaking with knowledge and authority.(11) After a moment of silent contemplation I realised that he was whispering my name.(12) Arlan took the hint and fell silent on the subject until another time.(13) She knew that this wasn't the safest thing in the world to do, but after saying a quick, silent prayer, she felt much more relaxed and safe.(14) Another intriguing tidbit concerns the gakudan, the musical group that accompanied silent films.(15) The approach to Broad Street was silent but for the sound of a beating drum.(16) When we are silent in the face of accusation, the public sees us as guilty.
(1) keep silent :: خاموش رهو
(2) remain silent :: خاموش باقي
(3) silent film :: خاموش فلم
(4) silent partner :: خاموش شريڪ
(5) silent tears :: خاموش ڳوڙها
(6) silent auction :: خاموش نيلام
(7) silent night :: خاموش رات
(8) silent treatment :: خاموش علاج
(9) silent letter :: خاموش خط
(10) fall silent :: خاموش ٿي ڪرندا
1. completely quiet ::
2. speechless ::
3. unspoken ::
4. unsounded ::
5. mute ::
6. still ::
7. tacit ::
8. mum ::
1. communicative ::
2. speaking ::
silent, silenter, silentest, silently, silents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
they suddenly got SILENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
And you, mutt, you will stay SILENT.
Did you hear me?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
Now, after a moment of SILENT meditation,
I'm gonna end with "in Jesus' name"...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
500 men and this room
was SILENT as a crypt.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
And I would like to be
a small and SILENT part of it.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
English to Sindhi Dictionary: silent
Meaning and definitions of silent, translation in Sindhi
language for silent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of silent in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'silent'
What silent means in Sindhi, silent meaning
in Sindhi, silent
definition, examples and pronunciation
of silent in Sindhi language.