Noun(1) a small amount of liquid food(2) the act of swallowing(3) small long-winged songbird noted for swift graceful flight and the regularity of its migrations
Verb(1) pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking(2) engulf and destroy(3) enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing(4) utter indistinctly(5) take back what one has said(6) keep from expressing(7) tolerate or accommodate oneself to(8) believe or accept without questioning or challenge
(1) He's one of those men who swallow their feelings for the sake of a quiet life and it makes them fat.(2) This statement has the virtue of being true, even if it is a truth that will be hard to swallow for Labour's election campaign managers.(3) I take a swallow of my margarita and get ready to ask her one more time if I can see it.(4) Alex sighed, then downed his drink in one swallow and returned for another one.(5) He took a huge gulp of milk to swallow the food down faster.(6) Though players at other positions can hide from the media, the quarterback must face all the questions and swallow the criticism.(7) A swallow of the whiskey caused a flush to rise again to Alex's face as he added the names of the survivors to the recording.(8) In normal persons, swallowing is initiated promptly, and no significant amount of material is retained after a swallow .(9) Your baby won't know how to swallow food at this stage, but with luck some of the food will slide down your baby's throat.(10) The crook-Conservatives lie to the idiot-conservatives who swallow the lies hook, line and sinker.(11) All semblance of evil were slowly drained away as he drank swallow after swallow of this liquid fire.(12) He took a deep breath and a swallow of water from his mug.(13) Thilda shrugged her shoulders and took a swallow of her mead.(14) So I swallow hard and silently root for a split decision.(15) he downed his drink in one swallow(16) Because you have bitter taste receptors at the back of your mouth and the top of your throat, you should swallow the beer.
(1) to swallow :: سڪيء
(2) swallow it :: ان کي سڪيء
(3) swallow up :: مٿي سڪيء
(4) swallow down :: نازل سڪيء
(5) swallow whole :: سڄي سڪيء
(6) barn swallow :: barn سڪيء
(7) bitter pill to swallow :: سڪيء ڪوڙي pill
1. drink ::
2. sup ::
3. eat ::
4. tolerate ::
5. believe ::
6. restrain ::
7. eat up ::
ڏاڍ سان کائيندا
8. accept ::
9. get down ::
10. take back ::
swallow, swallowed, swallowing, swallows
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"to SWALLOW a horse whole."
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
I'll not sit here and SWALLOW insults
from a boy so green he pisses grass.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
He made him SWALLOW all the coins
he had skimmed, one by one,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Wars SWALLOW gold like a pit in the earth.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Now, I didn't SWALLOW it,
but Amy said it counted.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
English to Sindhi Dictionary: swallow
Meaning and definitions of swallow, translation in Sindhi
language for swallow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of swallow in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'swallow'
What swallow means in Sindhi, swallow meaning
in Sindhi, swallow
definition, examples and pronunciation
of swallow in Sindhi language.