Noun(1) electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds(2) transmitting speech at a distance
Verb(1) get or try to get into communication (with someone
(1) Please telephone him to arrange a suitable time and to indicate if you would like to have your house blessed.(2) ├ö├ç├┐We could play a game, like telephone or truth or dare,├ö├ç├û suggested Mallory.(3) After discharge, patients recorded and transmitted their rhythm by telephone daily and whenever they had symptoms suggestive of atrial fibrillation.(4) it was eight-thirty when the telephone rang, and I knew it was Chandler(5) She too spoke to school officials when problems arose relating to the children, more frequently by telephone perhaps.(6) Orlando folk can e-mail or telephone their gripes about what's wrong with life.(7) In doing so, data can be captured at every point of customer contact from order entry to fulfilment whether that contact is by telephone , fax, call center or Web site.(8) Activists ring doorbells and telephone voters in critical districts, urging supporters to get out the vote.(9) At midnight yesterday the Government imposed full control over all communication by telephone and telegraph.(10) In the future, cell phone users will be able to use Bluetooth to telephone at home via fixed-line networks.(11) Any changes of destination are notified ahead by telephone or radio so that arrival is anticipated.(12) General practitioners and patients were contacted by telephone to assess their satisfaction with the system and to determine whether further referrals for excision had been made.(13) a telephone receiver(14) The priest was able to telephone for help in spite of his serious injuries.(15) It was used in the development of the country's telephone and radio system in the 1940s.(16) a telephone call
(1) telephone number :: ٽيليفون نمبر
(2) telephone booth :: ٽيليفون بوٿ
(3) telephone call :: ٽيلي فون ڪال
(4) telephone directory :: ٽيليفون ڊائريڪٽري
(5) telephone operator :: ٽيلي فون ڇوڪريء
(6) telephone book :: ٽيلي فون ڪتاب
(7) on the telephone :: ٽيليفون تي
(8) mobile telephone :: موبائل ٽيلي فون
(9) to telephone :: ٽيلي فون ڪرڻ
(10) telephone pole :: ٽيلي فون قطب
1. phone ::
2. telephony ::
3. phone ::
4. ring ::
telephone, telephoned, telephones, telephoning
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
RAQUEL’S UNKNOWN’S TELEPHONE
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
Yeah, now stand back
while I invent the TELEPHONE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
To be fair, I watched E.T. build a TELEPHONE
out of a Speak & Spell and an umbrella.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
-remember my TELEPHONE number.
-That’s why I said that.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
How the hell did you get them up
on that TELEPHONE wire?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
English to Sindhi Dictionary: telephone
Meaning and definitions of telephone, translation in Sindhi
language for telephone with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of telephone in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'telephone'
What telephone means in Sindhi, telephone meaning
in Sindhi, telephone
definition, examples and pronunciation
of telephone in Sindhi language.