Adjective(1) (usually followed by `of'(2) possibly accepting or permitting(3) (followed by `of'(4) having the requisite qualities for(5) have the skills and qualifications to do things well
(1) The boxes are packed and the house cleared and put into the capable hands of a local real estate agent.(2) The solicitor, a very nice and capable young woman, agreed that this was wrong.(3) At IPC she proved a capable chief executive and did not shy away from the tough decisions.(4) The play is in the capable directorial hands of Sir Peter Hall and also stars Janet Suzman.(5) It was fortunate that, in its hour of need, the country was able to call upon so capable a man.(6) Even the most capable biographers stray when they dabble in Freudian psycho-waffle.(7) The evidence is that some boys are failing to achieve the results of which they are capable .(8) All credit to Wigan, they played well today and they are a very capable team.(9) Although I was still technically still quite capable , the job became more difficult for me.(10) Only here and there did the Aberdonian produce anything like the form of which he is obviously capable .(11) All in all, he proved a capable Chairman, handling staff on both sides of the Irish Sea with aplomb.(12) The ladies are definitely capable but we will have to wait and see what happens.(13) He misses the final as he is on holiday but leaves the team's fortunes in the capable hands of Simon Barker.(14) For a second time in the game Leigh showed how capable they were of springing from defence into attack.(15) Our brave new world would be a meritocracy, where people who are capable do the jobs.(16) What is good is that England now strive not just to win but to play the cricket of which they know themselves capable .
(1) capable of :: ڪرڻ جي لائق
(2) be capable of :: جي قابل ٿي
(3) be capable :: قابل ٿي
(4) not be capable :: قابل نه ٿي
(5) capable person :: قابل شخص
(6) highly capable :: انتهائي قابل
1. competent ::
2. able ::
3. open ::
4. equal to ::
1. incompetent ::
2. inept ::
3. poor ::
4. unfit ::
5. unqualified ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Absolutely. You need a device CAPABLE
of delivering info...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
is to make those suckers
see what you are CAPABLE of.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
I don't think he is CAPABLE.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
What about them?
Are these guys CAPABLE?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
He is a CAPABLE young man -
strong military mind.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
English to Sindhi Dictionary: capable
Meaning and definitions of capable, translation in Sindhi language for capable with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of capable in Sindhi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "capable"
What capable means in Sindhi, capable meaning in Sindhi, capable definition, examples and pronunciation of capable in Sindhi language.